Sports Room Update
Here at Mindsports Academy the team are continuing to develop the Sports Room and the online games to ensure a smooth user experience. We thank the whole mindsports community and players who continue to give us feedback on all aspects.
The team have worked on some major enhancements in this version:
- Academy shields
- View Total Score in the Tournament Scrabble Game
- Multi language Sports Room
- Go game
- Text wrapping
Academy Shields is our fun in play currency that can be used to challenge other players, or to gain entry into tournaments. To play a game you will need to have at least 2 shields.
Members can earn shields in a number of different ways:
- Each new Free Member receives 50 shields
- Annual Paid members will receive 500 shields
- Monthly Paid Members will receive 50 extra shields
- Each day that a member logs into the Sports Room they will receive 2 shields
- You will need at least 2 shields to play a game against the computer, please note you will not win receive any shields back when you win
- Through watching videos, in the Sports Room, members will receive extra shields
- Members can challenge other players for shields, up to 500. If you win you will receive shields back
Tournament Scrabble Game Update
Your total word score will now show up on the board.
As a premium member you will be able to play in multiple langauges, currently we have Spanish and Catalan.
Multi Language Sports Room
Working with various teams our sports room can now be viewed in languages other than English. Currently we have Spanish and Catalan.
To coincide with the multi language Scrabble game the developers have incorporated translations into the main area of the Sports Room. Based on your computer language settings, when you log into the Sports Room the information will default to your language. If your language cannot be found the settings will default to English.
We are very pleased to announce our Go game is now live, you can only play against another member.
Go is a two player strategy game originating in China, and was believed to have been invented about 2500 years ago. It is known for being the oldest game still being played today in its original form.
While the rules of Go are quite simple, the game itself is quite complex, more so than chess, with more permutations than the total number of atoms in the visible universe.
The game is played between two players, with one player taking white, the other black. The game board consists of a 19x19 grid, and starts off completely empty with players taking turns placing stones on the open intersections of the board. The purpose of the game is to use your stones to surround intersections on the board, known as "territory". Once placed on the board, stones cannot move; however, they can be captured if all of the adjacent intersections surrounding the stone are occupied by your opponent's stones. At that point, they are considered dead, and are removed from the game. The game ends when both players have concluded that there are no more moves of value to be made, at which point the player's territories are counted and the player with the larger territory is declared the winner.
In our online game you can choose which board to play on: 9x9, 13x13 or 19x19.
Don't forget membership is FREE and you can choose to play any of our 3 games: Scrabble, chess and Go.
The team are continuing to provide enhancements to the Sports Room.
Thank you all for your support!
també per MSA
You Can Help Make A Change
- Complete the short registration form
- Choose what membership you'd like
- Enjoy all the great benefits!
- Guaranteed Games
- Competitive Ranking
- Tournaments with real prizes
- Facetime Experience
- In-game currency
- Multi-language play