TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Revision: 2015-2016
WELCOME TO MINDSPORTS ACADEMY
We hope that you will choose to take out a membership with us. However, before you join, please read the following information in conjunction with the educational games.
(These terms and conditions may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. We will post any changes to these Terms and Conditions on this page and we will also indicate at the top of this page the date that these Terms and Conditions were last revised).
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
A membership is for the person who is identified on the membership form, or whose personal details are given at the time the membership is taken. The membership is not transferable to another person.
The responsibility for payment of the FULL fee remains your responsibility even if your status changes.
2. EXPLANATION OF FEES
You will receive – Full Membership
As a member with Mindsports Academy, you can expect:
- Access to a broad and balanced range of activities appealing to as wide a section of the community as possible.
- A friendly and prompt response to all enquiries informed by well-presented and accurate information
- Access to a formal complaints procedure.
- Expert help and impartial advice from World Mindsports Federation (WMSF)
- Free online tournaments with prizes
- Free global ranking
- Access to full ranking list for all mind sports
- Ability to unlock additional training levels
- Access to the latest news and articles
- Free Training videos and puzzles
Memberships can be made at www.mindsportsacademy.com/Account/Register
4. REFUND OF FEES:
Fees are non- refundable.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Company will always try to ensure the accuracy of the information that it provides with regards to the programmes it delivers. However, it may be necessary for changes to be made, for example, to the content of the programme or where or when it is delivered which may differ from the information provided through advertisements or literature.
- The Company will always try to provide the same Agent/Mentor for the duration of the membership. However, due to unforeseen circumstances it may be necessary to change the Agent/Mentor during the membership.
- The Company will not pay for the loss, damage or theft of property belonging to a member. Any property of the member that is taken onto the premises where the programme is being delivered is entirely the responsibility of the member.
- The member will take all due care to ensure their health and safety. The Company is not responsible for personal injury or death of the learner unless caused by the negligence of the Company or its employees or agents.
6. MEMBER ACCOUNTS, PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, Mindsports Academy will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with appropriate data protection standards.
The registration processes on the Websites may involve you giving a password and account designation. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
You agree to (a) immediately notify Mindsports Academy of any unauthorised use of your password or account and any other breach of security,
and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Mindsports Academy cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Services, and website, is at your sole risk. Mindsports Academy has made every effort to ensure that the content on the Website is accurate and up-to-date and correct at the time of publication. However, the Website is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, quality or fitness for purpose of the content provided on the Website or that use of the Website will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Mindsports Academy for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on the Website.
- The content on the Website is for general information only and is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal or other professional advice or services or a recommendation to purchase any product or service upon which a specific decision should be made.
- Any material downloaded is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Mindsports Academy shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that Mindsports Academy, in its sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, your access to the Website and/or the Services or any part of them or any of your passwords or accounts (or any part(s) thereof or related files and information) within the Services, and may remove and discard any Content within the Services, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Mindsports Academy believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions. Where there is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the rights described in this paragraph are not Mindsports Academy only remedy and Mindsports Academy may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate in connection with such breach.
9. NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER REGARDING EMAIL
E-mail is not a 100% virus-free or a secure medium. Any e-mail message from Mindsports Academy, including any attachments transmitted with it, may contain legally privileged or private information. Such messages are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received such a message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. You should not copy, store or use such an email or any attachment(s) for any purpose, nor disclose their contents to any other person. Whilst Mindsports Academy scans all communications for viruses or other malicious software, we do not guarantee that any message is virus-free and accept no liability for any potential loss or damage that may arise as a result of receiving, storing and reading any message and any attachment(s). It is your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect your system and that your messages to us meet your own security requirements. We reserve the right to read any e-mail or attachment entering or leaving our systems without notice.
10. CONTENT OBJECTIONS
If you object to the publication of any material made available through our Website , either because it is offensive or you think it might infringe your intellectual property rights or it is prohibited content, please let us know by clicking on the 'Report abuse' link next to the relevant post/message. Examples of the types of abuse or other objectionable material including User Uploaded Content include discrimination (for example based on race, religious belief or sexuality), classifiable content, offensive language or user-targeted attacks (such as harassment and bullying). This is the fastest way to notify us and will provide a direct link to the post/message in question.
In order to protect you, Mindsports Academy operates a notice and take-down system. If you object to anything anywhere else on this Website, please let us know by sending an email explaining your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
11. COMPLAINTS ABOUT OUR WEBSITES
If you have any complaints about the Websites, we want to hear from you so we can improve our service. Please e-mail us at email@example.com and we'll consider your comments carefully.