Mindsports Academy Job Vacancy
MSA are looking for a Chess Expert to join their team
Summary: The Chess expert will represent the interests of MindSports International (MSI) Ltd and associated partners. They will have a strong game proficiency (GM or IM is not a necessity) and an understanding on how this is relatable to an on-line site.
We have 3 divisions, which will all require attention:
- Live events
- The Mindsports Academy
- Mindsports Education
For more information, please review the MindSports International (MSI) Ltd, Mindsports Academy (MSA) and Mindsports Education (MSE) websites.
Location: Mindsports International (Ltd) head office, Lee Mill Bridge, England.
Salary: The role carries a full time salary (dependant on applicant but no less than £25k per annum with a OTE of £40k+) and bonuses for creating and managing new on-line tournaments and growing the on-line player base.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong English language skills is a must, other languages are a good bonus especially Chinese, Spanish and Korean.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Sound knowledge of chess including tournament rules and regulations
- Be very active within the on line and live community.
- A strong on-line presence and following with an excellent understanding and ability to use all Social Media Platforms including but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube.
- Help to drive online traffic and related campaigns.
- Drive registrations and sales to the Mindsports Academy (MSA) website and Mindsports Education (MSE) website.
- Control content for blogs, training and news for the MSA and MSE websites ensuring all information is correct and valid.
- Contribute to, and develop, promotional events.
- Contribute to market plans and strategies.
- Positively and clearly promote the product and services.
- Conduct market research and gather customer information.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be versatile and comfortable when taking instruction.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers via a consultative selling approach.
- Must be results orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Have a passion for creating fun and casual entertainment.
- Travel will be required on a global basis though not every month.
Other Information: The team is small and will require guidance on the game and community, in return they will train you on systems, clients and our services.
You must join the MSA (it is free) and look around at the site to see what needs improving. It has just launched and we are still improving the User experience and journey but it is now fully functional. We are looking to attract as many players as possible to play on the site. We also want Chess teachers to use our site for training using the video facility and will be adding functionality to this over the coming months. The education site needs to attract young children and teachers and we wish to set up on line leagues and competitions.
The core reason for this role is to build an ON-LINE community on the MSA and MSAE.
Key Focus Points:
- Find out and explain why players would not join and what we need to do to ensure they do.
- What we need to add to offer something better for the players.
- How you would go about growing the player base.
How to Apply:
Round 1 - If you are interested in the role we will require you to send in your business and chess CV including something about you personally, what is your motivation and why do you want the role.
A PowerPoint (or similar) presentation, no more than 10 slides, on how you would grow the player base on the MSA and MSAE. This can be accompanied by a word document.
Round 2 - If you get through the first round you will be asked to do a video presentation on your powerpoint and to talk us through in more detail what you would do.
Round 3 - If you are successful in round 2 you will be flown to Qatar around the 19th August 2017 to participate in the MSAWC and to attend a final interview along with the other candidates. Successful candidates must be available to do this.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com